Take Your Career to the Next Level by Joining the Summersgill CPA Team!
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Are you looking to become part of a firm where your ideas matter, clients know you by name and you can make an impact every day? A job where you are on the cutting edge of the latest industry trends and play a pivotal role in helping businesses succeed? Then look no further - a position at Summersgill CPA is the right place for you to learn, grow and thrive!
We are currently seeking a motivated Staff Accountant to join our dynamic and passionate team. This individual will have the opportunity to work closely with our account management team to learn all aspects of the firm and industry best practices. The position will be physically based at our office in Covington, Louisiana and provide the opportunity to virtually work with clients in all 3 locations.
- Experienced in bank reconciliations, A/P & A/R for multiple clients in various industries
- Ability to prepare, analyze and understand accrual financial statements, including balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and cash flow statement
- Process payroll and payroll tax returns, prepare and process sales tax returns
- Knowledge of payroll processes: Able to read and understand Balance Sheets and Profit/Loss statements
- Proficiency in QuickBooks® Online & Desktop, Microsoft and Google suite
- Strong organizational skills, driven, detail-oriented and a proven ability to meet deadlines. Able to independently manage workload and ask for peer support when needed
- Able to multitask and handle several projects at once
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and Tax Agencies via phone and email
- Must be technology driven and forward thinking, with the ability to learn and embrace current and emerging technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Public Accounting experience preferred but not required
- Monthly Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations
- Monthly Sales Tax Filing
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Statements and Year-end requirements
- Ability to perform multiple tasks for clients in a wide variety of industries
- Prepare & process payroll
- Follows bookkeeping procedures established by the organization
- Respond timely to client inquiries and questions